Aquabyte Machine Learning Engineer
Aquabyte is a software company that is working to build the global food systems of tomorrow, by applying computer vision, deep learning and machine-learning technology to aquaculture.
- Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. It is an audacious, and incredibly rewarding mission.
- By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, they aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare their planet for impending population growth.
- Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea for generations to come.
- They are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits.
- If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
- They are currently focused on helping Norwegian salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions.
- Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning they are able to quantify fish weights, detect sea lice infestations, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time.
- Their product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application.
- As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
- Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Their product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and they prioritize customer delight in everything they do.
- They are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
- Their product entirely relies on machine learning and computer vision.
- They employ object detection, segmentation, classification algorithms among many others.
- Their database of labeled images is growing exponentially, and they are seeking Machine Learning Platform Engineers in SF to help deploy new algorithms to dozens of fish farms across Norway.
- This position is at the intersection of their research and engineering teams, where you will help maximizing the output of the research team by speeding up training times and data pipelines.
- Deploy ML models to production, ranging from the cloud to their on-site underwater hardware
- Architect 3rd party data APIs and integrate them with their pipeline
- Maximize the research team output by building the necessary tools to train, test, and deploy models
- Create infrastructure for deploying models to production / cross-functional work with engineering team
- Build in 3rd party data API integrations
- Build / maintain libraries to speed up execution
- Build research tools – automated retraining for example
- Perfect calibration and GTSF process
- Deploy tools and scripts for field research
- Buildan integration testing framework for when new models are deployed to production
- BS/MS in CS or other technical field
- 2+ years of experience with building machine learning pipelines and infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience with cloud tools (AWS, GCP) and relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with classic computer vision – for example: (a) Keypoint detection – SIFT/SURF and ORB feature detectors; (b) Stereo matching techniques (e.g. semi-global block matching); (c) Edge detection – Canny
- Understanding of deep learning models
- Some start up experience; Great problem solving skills
- Strong coding ability; Strong grasp of Python
- Excellent communication skills (will be liaison between engineering and research teams)
- 1+ years of experience with embedded systems (i.e deploying models to Jetson, Tinkerboard, Raspberry pi, etc.
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote work policy
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance
- All expenses paid travel to/from Norway
- 401k matching
- Lunch and dinner
- Healthy snacks and drinks
- Spend up to 20% of your time on work-related learning and development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1