Machine Learning Engineer
Twitter’s Connect Team is responsible for core features of twitter.com, which includes Search, Recommendations, Events, and more! Their code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world they live in.
Who They Are
At Twitter, their mission is to instantly connect users to the information most meaningful to them. Realizing this involves work in areas such as machine learning, applied data science, recommendation systems, information retrieval systems, natural language processing, large graph analysis, spam, etc.
Consumer Product Teams Are Hiring Machine Learning Engineers In The Following Areas
Do you want to make a huge impact while working with large data sets at a really big scale. If so, this might be a good fit for you.
- Recommendations – Combining real time relevance, richer timelines, and recommendations, to put the most interesting and relevant content in front of our users at all times.
- Event Recommendations – Detecting the pulse of conversations on Twitter while surfacing the most relevant Events & Topics to users, based on real-time engagement on the platform.
- Search Quality – Building the real-time search engine for Twitter, finding, personalizing and organizing relevant content for users. You will create algorithms to understand the users’ intent through query and context, to rank and organize content, and to extract insights to make suggestion, to help user better navigate content on Twitter, by solving a wide range of problems in IR/NLP/ML, etc.
Who You Are
You have a passion for machine learning and improving the ways people consume the world, live. You’re a relevance engineer, applied data scientist or machine-learning engineer who wants to work on exciting algorithmic and deep infrastructure issues. You’re experienced solving large scale relevance problems and comfortable building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following: machine-learning, information retrieval, recommendation systems, social network analysis
- Designed and evaluated approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams.
- A strong technical advocate with a background in Java, C++, or Scala, and Python.
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews.
- Experienced in operating Linux-based systems.
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Passionate about working with large unstructured and structured data sets ( for example multi-terabyte+, 100MM+ daily transaction volumes).
- Experienced in collaborating across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree and work experience.
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
By applying you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below: Twitter, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Twitter, Inc.’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Twitter, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment. Twitter, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Twitter, Inc. has international sites and Twitter, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Twitter, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Twitter, Inc.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Twitter, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Twitter, Inc.’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Twitter, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1