At Lyft, their mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, they start with their own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make their streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why they started Level 5, our self-driving division, where they’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join them in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Their team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of their technology. Their world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England, and Munich, Germany. And they’re moving at an incredible pace: they’re currently servicing employee rides in their test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
In London, Lyft is working on accelerating autonomous driving using ridesharing data. This data enables them to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate and up-to-date 3D maps to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of their simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations. By leveraging this data, Lyft is uniquely positioned to develop safe, efficient, and intuitive self-driving systems.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work closely with computer vision and machine learning engineers to process data from Level 5’s autonomous vehicles
- Develop cutting-edge machine learning classifiers, models, and algorithms operating on visual data
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience writing testable, modular code in one of Python / C++ / Go
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Experience building quick prototypes and following data-driven iteration to bring them to production
- Experience solving problems with Machine Learning using Deep Learning tools such as Tensorflow or PyTorch (not necessarily in Computer Vision or Self-Driving space)
- Experience building machine learning pipelines processing large datasets
- Private health insurance, income protection, and life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike and accessories tax-free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, a pardoned record of offenses, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1