At Apple, they work every single day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Their Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily discover informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Their technology and services power advertising in the App Store and Apple News. Their platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
The Ad Platforms Data Insights team is seeking a machine learning engineer to join in developing the next generation of analytical solutions working with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. In this role you will work as a key member of a data-centric team to drive the exploration, analysis, development, execution, and measurement of analytical solutions that are essential to running and growing the business.
Responsibilities include turning the huge amounts of data generated by user searches, app content, and App Store context into business insights that improve the customer experience for the end-user as well as drive discovery and productivity for app developers. Do you have experience in applied research with expertise in pattern mining, anomaly detection, text analytics, predictive modeling, classification, and optimization? This role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You’ll dig in and get into the details. The theory behind the techniques are just the beginning. You’ll be working on projects where practical applications of these approaches get applied in real-world scenarios.
Successful analytics teams involve data scientists and data engineers working hand in hand to build insightful and efficient solutions. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that delivers insights that have direct and measurable impact. They’re looking for a smart, collaborative, and passionate person to join this amazing team.
6+ years of recent experience in a data science or machine learning engineering role. Preferably experience in the digital advertising industry or related field.
Programming skills in Python and SQL, and familiarity with packages like sk-learn, xgboost, PyTorch, JAX, etc highly desirable.
Comfortable with hybrid cloud technologies such as Hadoop, AWS, Snowflake, Spark and PySpark. Familarity with job orchestration frameworks like Airflow also desireable.
Experience in quantitative analysis including regression, classification, clustering, and time-series analyses. Experience in geospatial analysis, deep learning, and / or natural language processing preferred.
Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product
Ability to partner with engineering, meet the data needs of the business, finding creative analytical solutions and develop initial prototypes to address messy business problems.
Experience with end-to-end implementation of a model prototype specifically training, processing, feature engineering, evaluating model outputs, and putting models into production
Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, multi-functional, rapidly changing environment.
* Support Product, Marketing, Sales and the Executive Team with analytics for product performance and customer insight
* Empower the global Sales teams with insights to advise and fulfill their strategic objectives and goals
* Quantify the impact of product, sales, and marketing initiatives on advertiser performance, satisfaction, and future behavior
* Forecast performance and yield by advertiser cohorts; create propensity models to drive marketing and sales strategies
* Design and evaluate experiments that help define opportunities for increased usage, improved marketplace performance, and greater customer happiness
* Monitor usage metrics and provide business-based explanations for large scale trends and patterns in advertiser lifecycle behavior. Detect and surface anomalies
* Develop reusable models and assets working closely with Data Technology team to ensure scalability and industrialization as models move into production
* Lead business analytics projects through all phases, including defining investigations, exploring data, conducting analysis, interpreting, and presenting results for stakeholders
Education & Experience
Background in computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field with a minimum of 6 years professional experience. Graduate degrees in these fields a plus.
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $161,000 and $278,000, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1