As a Machine Learning Engineer on the Media Understanding team, you’ll help build machine learning models that enable visual and audio understanding of media shared on Twitter. Our services are utilized across product teams in Twitter to improve our users’ experience, from making conversations healthier to helping users’ find the most relevant content.
What You’ll Be Doing
As an ML Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing production-ready machine learning models, which will be integrated into production services in collaboration with Software Engineers. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers and fellow ML Engineers to understand customer needs and build solutions to address them. Specifically, you will:
- Investigate and implement improvements and extensions to existing models, in order to meet customers’ needs (for instance, augment or improve model’s training data, consider different model architectures, optimization algorithms, etc.)
- Design and apply appropriate machine learning solutions to new use cases
- Design experiments and evaluation strategies to assess customer impact
- Contribute to unit testing, code reviews, and design documentation
- Implement automated data preparation pipelines in collaboration with Software Engineers
- Collaborate with ML research teams as needed to devise novel solutions
What It Takes
- MSc. or PhD. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other highly quantitative fields
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
- Strong knowledge of machine learning fundamentals and techniques
- Proven experience in Applied Machine Learning or similar
- Previous programming experience, preferably Python
- Previous experience working with ML Frameworks (f.i. Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-learn)
- Experience with Deep Learning, computer vision and/or audio processing is a plus
- Experience with high-volume production ML systems is a plus
Who They Are
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. They believe the conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what they call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Twitter’s Media Understanding team develops and owns media machine learning services. These services are comprised of machine learning models and backend systems. Their models and services directly impact Health and Revenue at Twitter and are gaining more adoption every day. Their team is half software engineers and half machine learning modelers and they work in tandem to build high-quality modeling services for internal customers.
Job opportunities should be equal. They don’t discriminate. Period. In legal terms, that means: Twitter is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1