The Siri Search Relevance team is creating groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing. The features they create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, and Lookup. As part of this group, you will be doing large scale machine learning and deep learning to improve Retrieval and Ranking of Siri Search and developing fundamental building blocks needed for Artificial Intelligence. This involves developing sophisticated machine learning models, natural language processing to understand queries, using deep models and rewriting techniques to transform queries to improve result retrieval, online learning to react quickly to change, taking advantage of petabytes of data and signals from millions of users and combining information from multiple sources to provide the user with results that best satisfies their intent and information seeking needs.
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning, deep learning, information retrieval, natural language processing or data mining
- Mastery of two of following languages: Python, Go, Java, C++
- Excellent knowledge and good practical skills in major ML and NLP algorithms
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Experience with large scale search and machine learning systems is highly desired
- Experience with data transformation pipelines and Hadoop, Hive, and/or Impala is a plus
- Understanding of search and information retrieval including indexing, query rewriting, retrieval and ranking
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This Role Will Have The Following Responsibilities
As a member of their fast-paced group, you’ll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. They are looking for people with an excellent applied machine learning experience and solid engineering skills in creating outstanding search service.
- Analyzing search retrieval and relevance requirements, issues, and opportunities
- Understanding product requirements, translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
- Developing techniques and building machine-learned models for search retrieval and ranking problems
- Integrating search functions into Apple products, such as Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, Lookup, etc.
- Building end-to-end production systems including retrieval and ranking to power search
- Utilizing Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, Impala to perform distributed data processing
Education & experiences or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science or related field
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1