The Research and Advanced Development team at Amazon Robotics is seeking passionate, hands-on scientists to work on cutting edge algorithms to power automation in Amazon’s order fulfillment and transportation network. You will have the chance to solve complex research problems and see your solutions come to life in Amazon’s warehouses!
They Work On Problems Such As
Their multi-disciplinary team includes scientists with backgrounds in AI planning and scheduling, machine learning, operations research, heuristic search, and robotic grasping.
- Dynamic allocation and scheduling of tasks to thousands of robots
- Learning how to recognize and grasp all the products that Amazon sells
- Controlling the movement of many robots in tight spaces
- Co-design of robotic logistics processes and the algorithms to optimize them
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with algorithms in one or more of these areas at both the theoretical and implementation levels.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant academic research or industry experience in developing algorithms or building models
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, or Python
- Scientific mindset and the ability to invent and problem-solve
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of machine learning for robotics, robotic grasping, or adaptive algorithms for interacting with the physical world
- Experience coding algorithm prototypes and refining through simulation
- Experience with SageMaker and Amazon Web Services
- Fluency in data analysis and a statistical software package such as R, Stata, or Matlab
- Drive to apply algorithm research to real systems and see projects through to production implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional or multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1