Join SADA as a Manager, Data Engineering!
As a Data Engineering Manager at SADA, you will build and guide a growing Data Engineering team as they deliver robust data solutions for their clients on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will be responsible for managing a blended team of data engineers and data scientists, so a broad background in Big Data, data warehouse modernization, analytics, disaster recovery, data science, and machine learning is highly advantageous.
The diversity of customers that SADA works with ensures a steady flow of exciting data work. Be prepared to tackle real-world data problems that their customers find too difficult or time-consuming to solve themselves. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work and cover a diverse array of data domain areas. Management here at SADA also means developing people and being a leader.
In this role, you will:
- Be comfortable working with customer executives to align business outcomes with technical vision and goals.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of a geographically distributed team, including hiring world-class talent, reviewing work, and setting goals.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and mentorship on a diverse range of subject matter areas, such as Big Data pipelines and data warehouses to statistics and machine learning.
- Develop and codify best practices for your team that can be replicated across multiple customer engagements.
- Partner with your team to develop services and offerings that scale and are repeatable.
- Participate in key technical and design discussions with technical leads as a hands-on manager.
- Partner with other practice leads, architects, project managers, executives, and sales personnel to develop statements of work, and then oversee execution by your team with high levels of agility and quality.
Pathway to Success
#BeOneStepAhead: At SADA they are in the business of change. They are focused on leading-edge technology that is ever-evolving. They embrace change enthusiastically and encourage agility. This means that not only do their employees know that change is inevitable, but they embrace this change to continuously expand their skills, preparing for future customer needs.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing data practice area with vision and passion. You will be measured by your team’s performance on customer engagements, how well your team achieves internal organizational goals, how well you collaborate with and support your team and peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, they will build a customized development plan together that takes you through the management growth track.
Required Travel – <10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing – You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training – Ongoing with the first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all onboarding will be temporarily conducted remotely.
- Google Professional Data Engineer Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment
- Experience leading, managing and hiring a team of talented engineers
- Expertise in at least one of the following engineering domain areas:
- Data warehouse modernization: building complete data warehouse solutions, including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines, and reporting/analytic tools. Must have hands-on experience working with batch or streaming data processing software (such as Beam, Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Hive).
- Data migration: migrating data stores to reliable and scalable cloud-based stores, including strategies for near zero-downtime.
- Backup, restore & disaster recovery: building production-grade data backup and restore, and disaster recovery solutions. Up to petabytes in scale.
- Expertise in at least one of the following data domains:
- Predictive analytics (e.g., recommendation systems, predictive maintenance)
- Natural language processing (e.g., conversational chatbots)
- Document understanding
- Image classification
- Marketing analytics
- IoT systems
- Experience writing software in one or more languages such as Python or Java/Scala
- Experience in technical consulting or other customer-facing roles
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skillsUseful Qualifications:
- Experience working with Google Cloud data products (CloudSQL, Spanner, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, BigQuery, Dataprep, Composer, etc)
- Experience in a large scale, high-volume data warehouse environment
- Experience operationalizing machine learning models on large datasets
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
Values: They built their core values on themes that internally compel them to deliver their best to partners, customers, and each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where they learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. They welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. They are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Think one step ahead
- Drive purposeful impact
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
SADA is committed to the safety of its employees and recommends that new hires receive a COVID vaccination before beginning work.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1