At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Uber Freight solves the most challenging problems related to movement of goods across transportation logistics networks. They work on products that make every part of transporting via truck seamless from end-to-end, such as personalized recommendation and search, acquisition funnel, growth and dynamic pricing, shipper pricing and matching, and much more. A freight network is complex and they make every strategic bet based on data.
Are you interested in working at the intersection of applied quantitative research, engineering development, and data science? Do you have an interest in leading and growing a top-notch science team at Uber to develop and apply quantitative solutions related to Uber’s uniquely challenging problems? If so, this is the job for you. Uber Freight supports a two-sided marketplace between shippers (companies with loads to send across geographies) and carriers (drivers who move freight). They are the fastest growing business unit within Uber. This role will specifically lead a group of Product Analysts and Data Scientists. The Product Analyst and Data Science team works on statistical analysis, experimentation (A/B Testing), predictive modeling and collaborate heavily with Product Managers, Engineering and Strategy. They are looking for a hands-on leader who can provide technical mentorship to the team, drive product data strategy and OKRs, partner with Eng leadership for instrumentation best practices, and drive actionable insights from data.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team that is responsible for Modeling, Analytics and Experimentation
- Led a team of experienced data and analytics professionals who are building models and analysis with R or Python
- Provide technical mentorship to team members
- Manage a team of 5-7 Product Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- Drive the metrics, KRs in planning process
- Summarize and Present data driven insights to Product and Executive leadership on a regular basis
- Develop predictive modeling strategies along with lead data scientists
- Collaborate with Data Science leaders across Uber to bring best practices to the org.
- Mentor and grow team members
- Partner with Eng leadership to lead data instrumentation efforts across the company.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4 years industry experience in data science and predictive modeling, with significant work experience as a technical contributor
- Knowledge of intermediate statistics is desired
- Prior management / team-lead experience of minimum 3 years with direct people management responsibility
- You’ll be leading several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to create, scale and nourish a team of experienced professionals.
- Experience with Statistical modeling, Machine Learning
- Good storytelling ability
- Ability to present data insights to executives
- Self-starter and collaborative leader
- Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people
- You are a doer and motivator of others
- Excellent execution and organization
- This team will be working with engineers and product leads at the forefront of the development cycle
- To excel in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly
- Strategic mindset – you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, Python, R, etc. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1