As a Manager of Data Science and Analytics at Amazon Music, you’ll discover insights that drive marketing, content and product strategy for our Amazon Music streaming service. You will lead a team of 4 – 6 analysts and have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by mobile, desktop and home music streaming application usage interactions and music consumption behaviors.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on their team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. They are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join them as they make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Their team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. They want to help their customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. They build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning their music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support their customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and their applications support their mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Major Responsibilities Of This Role Include
Translate / Interpret
- Complex and interrelated datasets describing customer behavior, messaging, content, product design and financial impact.
Measure / Quantify / Expand
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
Explore / Enlighten
- Formalize assumptions about how users are expected to behave, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
- Make Decisions and Recommendations
- Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analyzing and modeling algorithms
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Weka, SAS, Matlab)
- 2+ years people management experience
- PhD Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations
- 7+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Weka, SAS, Matlab)
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Depth and breadth in quantitative knowledge. Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Experience in the music industry
- Experience in analyzing user behavior in a subscription business model
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1