Are you energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems to deliver solutions?
Are you looking for a role designing and refining data visualization features for the most widely used commercial programming language for engineers and scientists?
You might be a UX Designer with:
- Engineering, data analytics or computer science background
- A recent technical Human Factors MS or Ph.D. program
- A research scientist or engineer experience considering a career change
Come join a UX team that is dedicated to helping engineers and scientists do their best work through research and design. Learn more about the UX department.
As the MATLAB Data Visualization UX Specialist, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve data visualization workflows for engineers and scientists who use the MATLAB programming language to analyze data, build algorithms and create publication-quality graphics.
- Drive the full user-centered design lifecycle, from concepting through final visual design.
- Participate in user research, usability tests and other evaluation activities.
- Help the team interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations to design decisions based on that feedback.
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with UX methods, UI/UX design, or human subjects research & experimental design
- Experience with MATLAB, another scripting language (such as R or Python), or another programming language (C++, Java, JS, etc.)
- Experience with or a desire to learn basic data analytics and data visualization techniques.
- STEM Degree (in Engineering or Computer Science) is preferred
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1