Who They Are
When an event occurs in the real-world, it often breaks out on Twitter. The Event Detection team builds, scales and maintains the software services that power the discovery of interesting and eventful conversation across the product. They detect and surface what’s happening, contextualizing by finding the most interesting content around events, including Trends, Moments, and Live Videos for users. They are a tightly knit and passionate group that loves working together, and they are looking for exceptional additions to their flock.
What You’ll Do
Events are one of the central use-cases for Twitter and millions of people are informed about their world through their work. The team’s purpose is to automatically detect such Events on Twitter. As an ML engineer on their team, you will apply machine learning and data science techniques to a modeling and relevance problems related to automatic Event detection. You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Twitter, including building and analyzing datasets, working with offline data pipelines, writing production code, conducting code reviews, and working alongside their systems engineers. Although you will work on cutting-edge problems, please note that this is not a research position. You will work directly with multiple teams across the company who are innovating on the product and refining Twitter to make it the best place to see and talk about what’s happening in the world.
Who You Are
You have a passion for machine learning and improving the ways people consume what’s happening in the world. You are a relevance engineer, applied data scientist or machine-learning engineer who wants to work on exciting algorithmic and infrastructure issues. You are experienced solving large scale relevance problems and comfortable building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following: machine-learning, information retrieval, recommendation systems, social network analysis
- A strong technical advocate with a background in Java, Scala, or Python. Preferably familiar with Jupyter notebook environments and Spark or pySpark.
- Passionate about working with large unstructured and structured data sets and developing new approaches to relevance problems.
- Experienced in collaborating across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related quantitative field with 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1