Mobile Software Engineer (iOS / Android)
Who we are: Smartvid.io, Inc. is a Cambridge-based software company that is building enterprise software with artificial intelligence (AI) to improve safety, quality, and productivity in the $10T global architecture, engineering and construction industry. Our machine learning engine, nicknamed “Vinnie,” uses proprietary image recognition technology to automatically detect safety hazards in jobsite photos and videos. Smartvid.io proactively alerts safety and risk management professionals to jobsite risks and provides a collaborative platform for taking corrective actions. Smartvid.io helps our customers to reduce the number of safety incidents in their construction activities to save lives and save money too. In 2018, Smartvid.io was recognized as one of Boston’s 50 Startups to Watch and featured in MIT’s Tech Review. Our customers include leading construction companies like Suffolk, Skanska and others.
We are looking for a highly motivated Mobile Software Engineer to be a member of our small agile team; an individual who will play a critical role on our team, as we’re preparing to develop and launch a major update to our iOS application and building a new Android experience from the ground up. There will be extensive feature development and collaboration with Product Management, Design/UX, and other team members.
- Architect and build new features for our product; maintain existing code
- Write understandable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Work in strong agile teams, using modern development methodologies
- Be willing to learn and explore new tools, technologies and frameworks
- 3+ years of professional experience developing and shipping iOS applications
- Proficiency with Swift, Xcode, UIKit, Dispatch and other common iOS frameworks
- Experience with different mobile development architectures such as MVP and MVVM
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs. Experience with Alamofire framework is a plus.
- Experience building offline applications using Realm or Core Data
- Experience with the code review process and comfortable performing code reviews for the team
- Having experience programming in Android with Kotlin or Java is a big plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Salary and options commensurate with experience.
Interested? Send a note to email@example.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1