Job # 527439
What You’ll Be Doing…
The Wireless AI Innovation @ Verizon (WAIV) Team is seeking a unique technical lead for WAIV AI/ML projects, a creative lead who has learned the cutting-edge capabilities of AI/ML an envisions enhancements to engineering tools, and a strong influencer who is able to win over Verizon’s brightest SMEs through sound technical thought and diplomacy. Additionally, they must be process-minded to guide assigned projects to completion.
- Envision new network (engineering) AI/ML projects and present well-formed ideas to the team.
- Partner with team and non-team data scientists to teach complex network concepts, assess project feasibility, explain/select input features and validate project output. Envision and test for corner cases.
- Pull sample data sets from NS tools and V-Grid (formerly NDL), guiding team members on how to pull large amounts for prototyping.
- Compute ROI estimates in partnership with VLSS to determine the value and priority of a new idea that could become a project. Assess project priority by asking VLSS-style questions to understand and diagram workflows, and how new AI/ML projects could disrupt it.
- Publish blogs, create documentation, perform presentations, submit intellectual property write-ups and lead efforts for external publications.
- Engage SME groups such as the System Performance Core Team, the Assurance Core Team or Service Performance to explain, promote and request feedback on AI/ML project ideation and ongoing efforts.
- Learn the language, needs and terminology of data scientists to translate between them and business units for effective collaboration.
What They’re Looking For…
The WAIV team is a very fast-paced AI/ML team, acting as an internal start-up — prototyping software capabilities and installing them into the appropriate Verizon system as operational Beta Proof of Concept works. The role will primarily guide the WAIV team data scientists and team members in the entirety of the process of creating well-designed projects. As these projects are created, the technical lead role will also be skilled at writing publications, documentation and researching documentation on uncommon 5G/4G/Core topics. Publications are expected to be created in the form of internal blog posts, intellectual property, industry papers, conference presentations or collaborations with universities.
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even Better If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Six years of experience as a Network SME or three years as a Data Scientist with a history or process optimization projects.
- Wireless SME path: Ability to code in Python to create a prototype projects and speed up AI/ML development, engaging data scientists only when needed. Strong ability to understand, describe and comprehend ELPT/ALPT/5GPT KPIs, PCMD/ECDs-based datasets, and the far-reaching tools that use them. End-to-End Network experience– able to engage concepts of 5G, LTE, Core, Device, App-Layer, SIP, network slicing and network virtualization.
- Data Scientist path: Strong knowledge of Wireless Engineering processes and workflows would allow the role to envision new projects for our Wireless Engineering internal customer base immediately. Proficiency in use of scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Python, and model training on GPU.
- Ability to create, organize, present and write ideas. Excellent written and spoken communication skills are significant portion of the role.
- Expert-level Wireless Domain Expertise in RAN, Cell Builds, 5G, and End-to-End or advanced AI/ML model selection and training abilities.
- Ability to independently configure messaging to Director and above roles and lead presentations of appropriate length and content.
- Python scripting for data acquisition and Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA).
- A passion for network process improvement through cutting edge ideas that many would dismiss as “too early” or “too much data.”
- Tableau (or similar) proficiency for demos and EDA.
- VLSS Green Belt or MBA for ROI calculations and workflow diagraming/comprehension.
- Experience filing IP, creating publications and research.
- History of requesting Network Systems toolset enhancements and features.
- History of project or vendor management.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do they provide the fastest and most reliable network for their customers, but they were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Their connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join their team of the best and brightest. They offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together they’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate their employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes them better.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1