This role is on the Nike Digital Analytics Platform Engineering Team. The Software Engineering Manager will perform duties aligned with the accountabilities for this role defined in the Nike Digital engineering Career Grid. This role reports to the Platform Engineering Director.
As part of Nike Digital engineering Solution Delivery team, support consumer connectivity, customization, and commerce efforts. Collaborate with team members to shape foundation of online applications, systems, and analytics environments. Approve and conduct design and code reviews. Create critical-path, high-risk, advanced and cross-functional technical designs, collaborating with other teams on integration needs and design. Contribute to database design, ensuring consistent technical approach, and participating and contributing to overall architectural footprint, direction, and standards. Perform application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources. Contribute to technical solutions by performing technical analysis and identifying options and solutions. Identify technical issues and determine options for issue resolution and risk mitigation. Define and communicate requirements for technical environments and determine technical scope for projects. Create and apply architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments. Establish, maintain, and apply coding and configuration standards and best practices. Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results. Guide and mentor junior developers.
Key duties including managing development and operations for NGAP Data Science platform capabilities, Tableau platform capabilities, Airflow development and deployment, operations and DevOps automation for the user’s teams using the platform systems. It includes staff management responsibility, including direct reports, assigned ETWs, managed services teams, and matrixed resources. This role collaborates directly with the Platform Provisioning team on shared responsibilities and solution areas. It provides support for engineering and user teams throughout Nike that uses the platform.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Serve as a technical lead and responsible for DevOps deployment automation of assigned systems.
- Responsible for Onboarding and partnering with key Stakeholder teams, using newer container hosted technologies
- Provide technical leadership and direction for team members for development, automation and operations practices. Manage source code repository and coding standards.
- Serve as the engineering resource responsible for technical issue resolution for Platform development, automation and support functions.
- Drive the long-term solution of incidents and enhancement, with increased focus on architecture simplification and automation.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of Platform Support across assigned areas. Optimize the stability and reliability of supported systems and services and deliver support aligned with team SLAs.
- Serve as an escalation point for daily operations and support work.
- Guide development of Operational Readiness tools, including monitoring, alerting, and operational support documentation. Ensure that the team is adequately trained on Operational Readiness and contributes to the evolution and maturity of these tools.
- Provide stakeholder communications as needed.
- Work with project managers and team members to break down project requests, infrastructure needs, and operational support work into technical tasks and assignments.
- Ensure team members maintain quarterly OKR documents and contribute to organizational culture as defined by leadership.
- Know and follow security principles including data privacy and security standards, CIS requirements, Cloud Enablement standards and industry best practices.
Skills needs for the role
- 5+ years’ Architecting and designing scalable environments for Big Data warehousing systems;
- Leading projects for a global company; tracking project milestones and deadlines;
- Creating, analyzing and administration of Tableau dashboards and servers;
- Leading, guiding, mentoring and coaching developers and engineers;
- Working with setup, administration, and development of server, such as Tableau, Airflow or AWS EMR.
- Working with Oracle 10g or later, PL/SQL, and Informatica ETL tools;
- Experience with deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications, built on Docker or Kubernetes.
- 3+ years’ in scripting/Languages such as Python, Windows Powershell or Java
- Hands On experience with Hadoop Ecosystems, including Hive, Pig or Spark.
- 3 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu.
- Lead the team on CI/CD based Automation using Jenkins/Circle CI.
- Enforce Infrastructure as code discipline across the platform using Terraform/Cloud formation.
Nice to have
- Working with Legacy Data Warehouse systems, such as Oracle, PL/SQL.;
- Reporting, querying, and programming with ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica;
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1