Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, they can help people build stronger communities – they’re just getting started.
Connecting the world requires alternative approaches to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Network Investments – Emerging Markets Team seeks to foster the development of open, shared transport network infrastructure to bring more people online to faster internet. If you have a passion for emerging markets, social impact, and a desire to leverage your data and analytics skillsets to increase broadband access, this is a great role for you. You will get to work with industry stakeholders to drive innovative, cutting edge, cost-efficient network infrastructure in emerging markets. As a Partner Engineer – Network Analytics, you will be working with their data science, engineering, product and partnerships teams, and operators to understand the performance of existing networks, areas of gaps and bottlenecks, and recommend investment infrastructure to boost coverage and capacity. This position is full-time, based in London but with a heavy focus on emerging market infrastructure and engagement.
- Engage with operators and infrastructure partners using data analytics, metrics, and tools to help them transform their networks and infrastructure.
- Use network performance, coverage, and other data layers (population density, income levels, etc.) to conduct a gap analysis and ultimately recommend infrastructure expansion such as fiber routes and wireless backhaul to connect telecom towers and POPs.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations
- Work with the Data Science, Product, and Partnerships teams to set up goals, metrics, and track impact.
- Leverage tools such as Python, R & SQL to drive efficient analytics and support partner / internal engagements.
- Assemble presentation materials and conduct analysis in support of program updates and decisions.
- Previous experience (3+ years) working on network performance and analytics for an operator, equipment vendor deploying or operating telecom networks, or for a consulting firm with a focus on analytics.
- Experience working with big data analytics tools, and conducting large scale analysis.
- Experience using analytical tools (Tableau, statistical, visualization, GIS/mapping) and data processing and data analytics techniques (Python, R, SQL)
- Understanding of telecom infrastructure network principles, cost, coverage, and capacity requirements.
- Understanding of network metrics, measurements, and performance data for mobile and/or fixed-line networks.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time. International travel is required.
- BA/BS or higher degree with an emphasis in computer science, analytics, statistics, economics, or equivalent degree/experience.
- Experience engaging with operators (Mobile Network Operators / ISPs / Wholesalers) in emerging markets.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1