They are looking for a Data Scientist to join their growing fraud prevention team, focused on using data insights to prevent fraud and help the business grow, in a safe and scalable way. As part of the Payments team, you will help shape and deliver their global fraud strategy. You will work with a global team of world-class analysts, data scientists, business managers, product managers, and engineers. They are all passionate about what they do and move forward with high impact projects at a high pace. Learning and improving is part of their daily routine, and you will be free to develop your skills and ways of working.
What You’ll Do
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Spotify’s data sources and payment systems to gain insights into user behavior and contribute to the fraud strategy with new features and signals.
- Build relationships and work closely with Spotify’s Engineering, Product and Analytics teams, inspiring changes to data sources and systems that are necessary to deliver on the fraud strategy.
- Research new technologies and methods across fraud prevention, data science, and data visualization to continuously grow the technical capabilities of the team.
- Support the Payments team with data-driven research on key fraud prevention initiatives and challenges.
- Work from their office in London or Stockholm with occasional travel to New York.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in a data science role, preferably in at least one e-commerce or payments organization.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field.
- Experience working with algorithms for classification, regression, clustering and anomaly detection, preferably in the fraud prevention or security domain.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including SQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with a visualization tool such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, matplotlib, ggplot2 or similar.
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery is a plus.
- An independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- A communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and enjoys collaborating with others.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1