Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
As a Principal Analyst /Consultant on the US Claims Capacity Modeling team with the U.S. Consumer Markets, you will take the lead on understanding Claims strategies, goals and processes to identify the opportunities to deploy statistical models, as well as work through the practical application within a complex environment. U.S. Consumer Markets has put strategic importance and excitement around modeling in Claims.
You will focus on building and presenting the business case to Claims Senior/Executive Managers where one or more models can optimize calls/claims channeling, reduce loss cost, increase staff productivity or improve customer experience across various Claims lines of business (LOB’s). Once support is gained, you will be responsible for designing, executing and monitoring a pilot to gather operational and analytical insights and determine if there is value for a countrywide implementation.
There is also the opportunity to learn to build simple linear and explanatory models from data scientists on the team. You will also support these data scientists in manual scoring of data for some deployed complex models. this dynamic role provides broad exposure to all Claims functions, offering a unique view into the operations, proposed improvements, strategic initiatives and other new developments underway.
- Seek and make business case for opportunities where predictive/prescriptive analytics can add value for each Claims LOB’s, with exposure to present to Claims Senior/Executive Managers
- Lead pilots and implementation strategies to operationalize advanced analytics with cross-functional groups like Claims Technology Business Systems
- Take the lead in evaluating complex business requirements for operational and analytics considerations, working collaboratively across claims to understand the big picture and incorporate ideas from others groups about implementation, success measures, etc.
- Support the design and execution of post-implementation model testing and monitoring to drive operational and Claims adjuster or Liberty Mutual customer adoption of deployed analytical insights and tools
- Examine results to draw conclusions and identify areas of opportunity for improvement
- Develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations and written memos succinctly and effectively communicating analytical insights to multiple levels of management
- Work independently on assigned work and projects, prioritizing incoming requests
- Develop and document new standards or processes and keep documentation updated, ensuring appropriate version control and compliance with record retention schedules
- Maintain a high level of organizational and operational awareness, independently seek out opportunities to enhance understanding
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferably in applied mathematics or statistics.
- 2-3 years’ experience in modeling and/or complex analytical roles
- Demonstrated experience querying and analyzing complex data sets using SAS and SQL required
- Experience with or working knowledge of R and Python preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making, planning, problem-solving and research skills along with intellectual curiosity which facilitates independent leaning.
- Demonstrating results in identifying and implementing process improvements preferred.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Project Management
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1