On the Data Science team, their goal is to extract insights from voluminous amounts of data and create actionable insights using Data Science and Machine Learning tools. The general problems to solve are unconstrained; they are tasked with collaborating with business partners to drive the company’s innovation and profitability. They are looking for a Principal Data Scientist who can further the team’s mission of solving core business problems with data science. The current work of the team includes capturing and retaining unique visitors to their site from online search and social media platforms, helping to deliver high-quality data products to their dealer partners, and helping to craft both long- and short-term strategies for our marketing and advertising spend.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate solutions to both a technical and a lay audience. E.g., what is it, how does it solve the problem, why is it reasonable and what could go wrong
- Analyze data, and design and implement data science or machine learning solutions
- Aid the engineers who will implement your solutions in the production
- Measure the impact of your models and build A/B tests
- Improve CarGurus core algorithms like Instant Market Value (IMV)
- Measure the impact of television and radio advertising on online advertising
- Improve CarGurus core algorithms like predicting the probability of a user or customer converting or churning
- Take an interest in R&D and the latest ML research, but also don’t hesitate to use a tried-and-true tool when it’s the right one for the job
- Promote and foster an inclusive, transparent, and collaborative culture
What You’ll Bring
- Experience working with widely varied datasets, and a strong interest in deep data analysis – with a desire to investigate large amounts of data and generate insights
- Proven experience turning data into successful products
- A breadth of (theoretically grounded) knowledge in Statistics and Machine Learning, ideally with experience deploying machine learning services in production
- Advanced Degree (or proven experience) in one of the following: Statistics, Computer Science (ideally with a focus on machine learning), or any quantitative field which makes use of advanced statistical or machine learning techniques
At CarGurus, they invest in their people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. They also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—their way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
They work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to their consumers. They extend to their talent, too. They aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. They don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. They have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1