Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
- Apply expertise in signal processing, machine learning, sensor fusion, computer vision and other areas of machine intelligence to solve challenging problems using large, complex and diverse datasets
- Lead the development and deployment of robust machine learning solutions that expand and accelerate the discovery of athlete* and product performance insights
- Partner with physiology, biomechanics, perception and behavioral research scientists to proactively identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics and machine learning in building impactful products and solutions
- Lead the creation/acquisition and maintenance of high-quality datasets that facilitate ongoing exploration and help unlock value for the NSRL and partner organizations
- Lead investigation of new technologies, software, machine learning techniques and capabilities
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of organizational goals and research objectives. Work collaboratively with dynamic and cross-functional teams of research scientists, solution architects, software and product development engineers to achieve objectives
- Communicate technical information, methods and findings clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical teams, stakeholders and senior management
- Create specifications and quotation documentation for external professional services firms as needed to achieve team objectives in a time and cost effective manner
- Stay connected with machine intelligence innovations across the industry and share findings with team members and partners across the organization
- PhD or Masters in a quantitative field (statistics, computer science, electrical/biomedical engineering, or similar) or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years, after PhD, or 9+ years, after Masters, demonstrated experience in data science including expertise in data synthesis, machine learning, statistical modeling or signal processing
- Demonstrated expertise with Python and/or Matlab, machine learning and deep learning frameworks like Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Proven ability to define, initiate and oversee analytics and modeling efforts
- Proven ability to translate business needs into requirements and strategy for analytics teams
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices, agile methodologies, data engineering, distributed systems and machine learning at scale
- Proven ability to interpret, and implement methods described in research papers and articles in signal processing, machine learning, deep learning, mathematical modeling and related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven experience communicating technical information in written and verbal formats
- Experience with AWS suite, Spark, Databricks, Glue, SQL, scripting etc.
- Experience with data-driven product development – A/B testing, time-series analysis, predictive modeling, forecasting and other approaches
- Understanding and working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology, biomechanics, perception science or related fields
- Experience with bio-signals, wearables, inertial measurements
- Peer-reviewed machine-learning publications, or other examples (Github, apps, code etc)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424492
- Apparel & Fashion
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1