Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world’s leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Our team’s mission is to creatively solve problems related to iRobot’s data sources and bring data-driven intelligence to our customers. As a senior member of our team, we’ll expect you to have a strong background in applying probability and statistics to real data (and to have a deep understanding of the assumptions involved in building your models), as well as defining a problem and evaluating the effectiveness of different techniques in solving these problems. Experience with financial/statistical modeling, signal processing, or other advanced methods on time-series data would make a you a very attractive candidate. With regards to computing skills, we’re looking for someone with deep understating of Python programming, and who can manipulate and quickly prototype solutions that work on large data sets in a clear and interactive manner. Importantly, we’re also looking for someone who has demonstrated an ability to carry out original data science research beyond incremental application of existing techniques. A deep understanding of algorithms, operating systems, and modern server hardware is a big plus.
About The Job
- Use strategic data analysis and research to solve problems for iRobot’s customers
- Make creative use of public and private datasets to increase value to iRobot’s customers
- Continuously push the edge of what iRobot can deliver to its customers in a cost-effective manner
- Educate the organization on new analytical techniques and their applicability within iRobot
- Interact with internal customers on a regular basis, both to sell new ideas and elicit feedback on old ones
- Work as part of a fun team
- You have graduate-level background in data science, statistics, or mechanical/systems/electrical engineering
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with 5-10 years of experience working in a data-heavy and technical environment
- You have deep understanding of programming concepts, modeling frameworks, statistical theory, and the discipline of data science
- You also have excellent computer skills, including solid knowledge of Python, SQL, and relevant tools/packages
- You have experience with data–driven predictive model development and unstructured data mining
- You have the ability to balance the demands of multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a desire to mentor junior teammates and cherish seeing them grow professionally
- You also have rich communication skills to explain complex solutions to non-data science peers
- You are self-motivated and are able to work in a dynamic, delivery-focused environment
- You have a sense of humor, and enjoy solving puzzles
Above And Beyond
- Pleasantly surprise us 👍
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1