Direct recruiters from this company will be at the Accelerate AI Career Expo.
Register for free: http://bit.ly/2MGFntn
Submit Resume To: https://share.hsforms.com/1XnFwfJRKR6Gs71Qp_oiUsQ13zdw
They are looking for Principal Data Scientist to lead advanced capabilities in the domain of algorithm design and development to cross-functionally support several product initiatives in their 50+ member data science team. This individual will help them in executing their 18 million organizational shipments a year by connecting a diverse carrier and customer marketplace through their industry-leading technology and freight matching ecosystem.
You will provide technical and scientific leadership on modeling/algorithm-based solutions for their toughest and most complex supply chain problems. The ideal candidate is an expert that can modify and scale existing modeling pipelines or build novel ones where standard “plug and play” solutions are sub-optimal. This position will embed and rotate between the domains of Pricing, Matching, and Visibility product teams offering expert advice to Data Scientists on how to best approach, design, and execute projects. They value rapid prototyping and speed to impact as core tenants of their R&D based culture.
They are seeking a leader to solving tough data science problems and delivering impactful solutions. This leader will also have a strong mathematical/programming background that can help early-career data scientists understand the impact of their work and navigate the algorithm development lifecycle. They also must be proficient in areas of hands-on data exploration, communication with business/technology partners, product needs for delivering to market, and pushing organizational boundaries to achieve impact.
This position is based out of the Minneapolis, MN area.
- Drive development of algorithm capabilities in the supply chain space
- Be the voice of expertise in algorithm design/architecture and data science knowledge and know-how.
- Own the algorithm development lifecycle and drive a philosophy/culture of continual improvement
- Train and mentor our data scientists to ensure optimal technical skill development.
- Evaluate and understand current & nascent modeling methods in the Data Science space.
- Embrace an R&D mindset through Rapid Prototyping & Iterative Experimentation
- Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the field of data science or related discipline
- Strong research and publication track record
- Recognized expert in your field of study
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Experience in programming & modeling: Python and R
- Experience with Advanced Algorithm & Optimization Techniques
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Experience with Spark/Hive/Hadoop Ecosystems
- Experience with Relational databases and fundamentals
- Experience with application development frameworks in the python/R ecosystem (Flask, Django, Shiny)
They are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, they believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of their people, processes and technology, they help their customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), they provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and managed services through their global network. In addition, the company, their Foundation and their employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view their company video.
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject line.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1