The newly formed Clinical Products data science team helps supercharge CVS-Aetna’s clinical programs to improve member health and lower costs. Given CVS-Aetna’s size, scope, and deep-set of capacities, CVS-Aetna is an unparalleled platform to make a difference in healthcare in the US and beyond. The Clinical Products team has three main goals.
- CVS-Aetna is launching a series of clinical programs that use the resources of the combined CVS-Aetna, and their team delivers advanced analytics to support those initiatives.
- Develop data-driven clinical recommendations that are delivered to members, their providers, and their caregivers.
- Build condition-specific models that help other parts of the company (e.g. pricing) better predict member care journeys.
The Principal Data Scientist on the newly formed Clinical Products team will be responsible for leading and providing technical vision for one or (more likely) multiple projects. This role will have an integral part in building and leading a team that develops predictive models and works with clinical experts (e.g. doctors) to translate their subject matter expertise into machine learning models, sources data, and then presents to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
This role will also be responsible for leading and mentoring team members and will set the team’s coherent, actionable, and inspiring technical vision…and, of course, provide inspiration to the team to execute that vision.
- Lead team of 2-3 Data Scientists to develop and deliver models that inform CVS-Aetna’s clinical programs.
- Consults with business partners to understand problems and goals, understand the business value, and translate into business opportunities to be captured through predictive analytics solutions
- Develops and/or uses advanced algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Supports deployment of insights across multiple channels, i.e., web, mobile app, email, social, call center, Apple watch
- Demonstrates superior communication skills, and ability to develop and participate in presentations and consultations to business stakeholders on analytics results and solutions
- Motivates team members and probes into technical detail
- Contributes Subject Matter Expertise (SME) through interactions with team members, peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
- Mentors others, and champions 360-feedback across the team
- 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of
mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and
predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas
- Solid understanding of the health care industry,
- Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and
languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical
concepts and implications to business partners.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health care industry,
products, systems, business strategies, and products
- Clinically oriented background or professional
experience is a plus.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1