Janssen Research & Development, LLC is a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies and we are currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Janssen R&D Data Science.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Principal Scientist you will be leading a team of data scientists to design, develop, and field impactful data science solutions. Our team supports projects / use cases that span the entire R&D value chain from discovery through late development. You will lead a team to identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many teams are eager to use data to drive scientific innovation.
Are you someone who stays on the cutting edge of the data science field to implement novel algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization? In this role you will do just that. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. You will also lead a dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines.
The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ. Consideration will be given to La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by working with leadership and Therapeutic Area Heads on analytics priorities to craft future R&D strategies across the Global Janssen organization.
- Ensure the alignment both within the project and with the project external partners, understanding the risk and business implications of design choices.
- Establish academic and industrial thought partnerships while on-boarding consultant teams and research institution collaborators as needed.
- Foster team spirit and ambition through facilitation of proven change management strategies (e.g., workshops, on-site training and online programs).
- Leverage senior experts as needed for specific deep-dives.
- Assimilate and synthesize emerging trends in data science and real-world evidence by attending relevant meetings and conferences.
- Lead and build data science projects by developing and applying creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver data-driven insights to high-priority scientific problems.
- Demonstrate leadership in technical guidance to working team.
- Will be able to advise and contribute to projects outside of your responsibilities.
- Articulate the broader scientific vision and collaborate with research scientists.
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities in the data science space (both for the pharma and cross industry).
- Management and interaction with external partners and/or vendors.
- Planning finances and allocating budget resources.
- Participates in the recruiting process to identify and select top talent.
- Ph.D degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, R, C++, or Java is required.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques is required.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is required.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes is preferred.
- Handling of healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data, is preferred.
- Experience with ‘omics, RNA, biomarker and other databases is preferred.
- Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills are preferred.
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally with multiple teams from various departments is preferred.
- Experience in developing presentations and communications to be shared with internal and external stakeholders is preferred.
- Ability to source and understand emerging trends in data science is preferred.
- Travel 20% domestic and global overall is required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1