Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company
Principal Analyst, Data Strategy
The Principal Analyst, Data Strategy for the Global Data Office will play a critical role in developing the data strategy, roadmap and planning as well as providing governance, quality, and timeliness of operational and analytics data for the enterprise. Our goal is to ultimately create an exceptional experience for customers and stakeholders. The Global Data Office is dedicated to Liberty’s Global Retail Markets which is the biggest business unit of Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities.
This is a new office created in 2018 which is part of our overall shift to a streamlined and centralized data team. As part of this new team, you’ll help to shape our data strategy vision while providing governance, quality, integrity, and timeliness of operational and analytics data for the enterprise. You will get to work across all areas of the company. In this role, you will collaborate with business and technical partners to understand their pain points, discuss solutions, develop a roadmap, and influence prioritization of data initiatives that enable the business to make faster and more accurate decisions, measured by KPIs.
- Lead the data management strategy and planning across West and/or East Region markets at Liberty Mutual in coordination with the Regional Data Leader.
- Contribute to the data strategy roadmap with execution support to deliver exceptional customer experience and become a data leader in the industry.
- Conduct research on emerging data and technology trends to influence and evolve the data strategy roadmap for each of our GRM markets.
- Identify data use cases by collaborating with functional and data office partners to understand business problems and how data can help solve them. Partner with technology and data teams to surface those problems and discuss and ideate on possible approaches to solve them.
- Influence prioritization of data use cases to achieve an efficient build-out of the data capabilities resulting in exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate an Agile mindset to collaborate and drive results. Ability to work-cross functionally and with stakeholders from different markets.
- Be a compelling storyteller to gain support on the strategy by delivering effective presentations to a senior audience. Socialize ideas and rapidly iterate on feedback to ensure the maximum buy-in and impact of the strategic message.
- 2+ years of experience working with data or analytics teams
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, other quantitative discipline, or relevant work experience required.
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- 1-2 years in management consulting, corporate strategy or strategic planning roles preferred.
- Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills with experience communicating recommendations to senior business leaders.
- Multi-lingual capabilities needed for role. Spanish or Mandarin fluency preferred; Portuguese a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time internationally as needed
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Quality Assurance
- Business Development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1