What You’ll Be Doing…
You will be a senior member of the Verizon Smart City IoT platform development team. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly scalable and distributed big data warehouse and analytics platform using the latest cloud based technologies. You will be involved in designing and reviewing database schemas using SQL, NoSQL, and Graph based databases. You will lead the data tier design to ensure good design and it horizontally scales to support data I/O for millions of IoT devices in the field.
- Architecture, design and development of an enterprise data lake that centralizes and integratesvarious city solution data sources using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with Spark, EMR, DynamoDB, RedShift, Kinesis, Kafka, Lambda, Glue etc.
- Creating new data models and optimizing existing data models on AWS cloud using AWS data stores such as Dynamo, Redshift, Aurora RDS. The enterprise data models need to be flexible and simultaneouslyrich and robust enough to both multi-tenant IOT Cloud platform and verticals as well as single tenant city specific data lake.
- Architecting and implementing efficient data partitioningstrategies as well as schema and metadata management on AWS.
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on AWS.
- Help build a data analytics platform to meet the company’s vision of City Insights Data platform.
- Influence the development of event driven data processing pipelines for both near real-time and batch analytics use cases.
- Determine and articulate trade-offs for different data architecture and infrastructure options to drive companywide decisions.
You Will Need To Have
What they’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in AWS.
- Three or more years of experience with Database Architecture concepts, including data modeling, storage, partitioning, indexing, security, logging , data governance, data sovereignty, master data management and archiving.
- Three or more years of experience with Big Data, NoSQL, SQL databases (Cassandra, Aurora, Dynamo DB, HDFS, Redshift etc.).
- Two or more years of experience with Big Data ingestion and integration tool experience (Kafka/ Kinesis/ Hadoop/ Spark/ Flume etc. ) on Cloud.
Even Better If You
- Master’s degree.
- Ten or more years of experience with a degree in Computer Science
- Ability to make meaningful technical and business trade-offs with extensive knowledge of data engineering tools, technologies and approaches.
- Experience working with data formats such as Apache Parquet, ORC, Apache AVRO, AWS Glue and other common data transformation technologies.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, they’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, they will offer you great pay and benefits, but they’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
They’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate their employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1