Direct recruiters from this company will be at the Accelerate AI Career Expo.
Register for free: http://bit.ly/2MGFntn
Submit Resume To: https://share.hsforms.com/1XnFwfJRKR6Gs71Qp_oiUsQ13zdw
They are looking for Principal Economist, Data Science – Price Optimization to evolve the strategy, vision, and capabilities or their Data Science Pricing Ecosystem and how they engage the Shipper/Carrier logistics marketplace. As North America’s largest 3PL, they price billions of dollars in annual truck freight via Full Truckload, Less than Truckload, and Parcel. Their pricing critically depends upon their ability to accurately forecast & quantify expected market conditions/trends and risk via algorithms. They maintain a suite of statistical models that react to a range of inputs from broad econometric trends to real-time supply/demand market signals from within Navisphere, their core of customer and carrier facing technology as well as other real time data inputs.
This is a senior leadership role in the data science and analytics department responsible for managing their algorithm policy roadmap as it relates to their pricing strategies and digital execution to align with long-term and short-term supply/demand conditions in the marketplace. This role will also own the design and execution of shipper demand models and capacity procurement programs that build strategic density and carrier cycles to better serve a diverse marketplace of shipper/freight aggregations. They deliver value and compete through their scale, scope and ability to aggregate shipper/carrier demand in markets that would otherwise be considered sparse and incur considerable inefficiencies. Freight futures and other instruments are entering the truckload marketplace that provide them with new opportunities to hedge risk and balance their networks if comprehensively bundled into their marketplace strategy. They expect this role to advise and help them best leverage these new programs. Additionally, they seek creative leadership in “financial derivative” like products to lessen internal market friction within their brokerage is a high priority as they embrace the speed of digital freight matching.
Their Data science teams will implement your policy and vision to improve internal/external marketplace efficiency. The successful candidate will be adept at quantifying opportunities, building out supporting business cases including ROI, tracking business/algorithm outcomes via KPIs, assessing model telemetry to guide algorithm tuning/enhancement, and being the voice of industry knowledge regarding freight market dynamics/patterns that a successful ecosystem must accommodate. Hands-on data exploration and skill in creatively describing market trends, tracking outcomes, and illustrating the art of possible are a must for any successful candidate. This is a tremendous opportunity to improve the world’s supply chains through contributing towards the development of an ecosystem of tools that solve the world’s toughest supply chain problems.
This position is based out of the Minneapolis, MN area.
- Lead policy vision for optimizing dynamic pricing and long-term forecasting to achieve desired marketplace positions
- Adept at experimental design and ability to quantify impact across a diverse ecosystem of data ranging from model-based telemetry & raw user activity instrumentation to marketplace financials.
- Represent the voice of the truckload marketplace to the data science team in terms of industry trends and forecasting market conditions.
- Be committed to working in an iterative fashion to discover the best product to be built. We value partnerships versus requirements and expect that this candidate will engage our technologists in a manner that unlocks their full potential to contribute to innovation and build truly great products.
- Quantify the value and impact of the technology solutions we build to fuel continued investment and leadership engagement. Be a master at hands on data manipulation and establishing key performance metrics that measure business outcomes and impact. Must be able to extract data from source systems and deliver a wide variety of stake holder insights to fuel program velocity and adoption.
- Act as subject-matter expert on all data science pricing systems and technologies to non-technical stakeholders.
- Be an agent of change and advocate for continual improvement in the way we innovate/design/develop/deploy products to market.
- Masters or PhD in Economics, Business, Statistics or Quantitative Discipline required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working hands-on with data developing models for business applications that drive outcomes via predictive/prescriptive guidance
- Proficiency in Modeling Languages (R or Python)
- Deep knowledge of statistical modeling & forecasting methods
- Knowledge of Statistical Algorithms and AI based methodologies
- Deep expertise on pricing, markets and economic modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work with cross-functional team in a software/analytics development environment
They are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, they believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of their people, processes and technology, thye help their customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), they provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and managed services through their global network. In addition, the company, their Foundation and their employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view their company video.
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject line.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1