The person in this role will maintain the flow of data from source systems (RDBMS, unstructured) into the knowledge graph and other stores, build processes that query the graph, and maintain APIs that serve end scientific users, and maintain and monitor these systems in a secure, mission-critical environment.
These Responsibilities Include Some Of The Following
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Build one or more cutting edge AI/ML platforms to serve 1,000s of scientists, biostatisticians, and computational chemists/biologists in R&D
- Liaise with the rest of R&D Tech and the Core Tech teams to deliver solutions quickly to data scientists on pre-built platforms / PaaS
- Access, source, cleanse, merge, ETL, and possibly re-model data from 1,000s of data sources both internal and external to GSK.
- Contribute to polyglot data structure architectures including property graph, knowledge graph, relational, object, and inverse index; researching the appropriate data sinks as needed by our customers.
- Contribute to the team’s overall knowledge by attending conferences, meetups, and contributing to new technologies and approaches
They are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve their goals:
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years as a full-time software engineer with experience in the data engineering domain
- Expert with JVM languages: Scala and/or Java with a focus on functional programming
- Minimum 2 years working on big data platforms, preferably Spark
- Experience with data stores including RDBMS/NoSQL/HDFS/Object store
- Minimum 3 years deploying solutions on cloud platforms, preferably Azure and GCP
- Professional DevOps experience: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Junit, Scalatest
- Infrastructure as code technologies: Terraform, Ansible, Cloud templates (Azure, GCP)
- Container technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker
- Experience maintaining production applications
- Logging, tracing, and application monitoring
- Experience building and maintaining APIs
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and property graph technologies: RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, Cypher, Tinkerpop, Gremlin, and others
- Graph algorithm knowledge
- Streaming data experience with technologies like Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with life sciences and/or healthcare data models, particularly biomedical and omics data strongly preferred
- Experience operating in a highly regulated and secure environment
Their values and expectations are at the heart of everything they do and form an important part of their culture.
As GSK Focuses On Their Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills, and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll-Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside the US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, they adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1