Principal Machine Learning Scientist | London
Their ASOSers reflect the diverse society they live in; they celebrate their differences and welcome people from all different walks of life. They’re looking for people who can live and breathe their values of being authentic, brave and creative and they don’t care about labels – they recognise there are endless ways to be ‘you’.
At ASOS, as a global online-only retailer, they have one of the largest fashion e-commerce datasets in the world. This encompasses online shopping behaviour for tens of millions of customers, as well as photos, videos and text descriptions of millions of products. Here in ASOS AI their vision is to harness the power of this data to fundamentally change the way that people experience fashion.
They are looking for an outstanding Principal Machine Learning Scientist to join ASOS Aritificial Intelligence (AI), their internal Machine Learning (ML) platform is responsible for creating differentiating and unique AI systems for their Retail, Marketing and Customer Experience teams. They are applying specific fields of machine learning from computer vision, recommender systems to conversational AI systems to deliver outstanding customer experiences and optimise their cost base.
The role is to provide technical, research and organisational direction for an experienced team of Machine Learning scientists. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, alongside their big data and software engineering team to develop state-of-the-art ML systems and data products.
The ideal candidate will have proven ML expertise with experience of scaling ML teams across an enterprise.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical guidance and coaching on AI and ML problems to their talented ML scientists
- Frame business problems into scalable AI systems
- Owning the research agenda to shape start-of-the art AI and ML capabilities
- Championing a culture of scientific rigour, data-driven decision making
- Evaluating new technologies and emerging techniques to advance our ML capabilities
- Be an evangelist for AI capabilities and partner to accelerate adoption across multiple delivery teams.
Who They’d Like To Meet
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or in another highly-quantitative field with experience of industry/academic work
- Publication track record and experience leading research projects
- Experience working with business/product groups and building production solutions
- Experience in two or more of the following ML areas: NLP, time-series forecasting, representation learning, computer vision, A/B testing, learning-to-rank, and reinforcement learning
- Experience writing production-quality Python code in a software engineering team
- Experience deploying machine learning pipelines in a cloud infrastructure leveraging large datasets and performing online inference at scale
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1