Advance your Career at Solaria Labs, a Liberty Mutual Endeavor
Principal Product Designer/UX Lead – Solaria Labs
Who We Are
Solaria Labs was created by Liberty Mutual Insurance with one simple mandate: to create disruptive innovations that will enable a better, safer future. We pursue this mandate by building and testing experimental new products based on customer-centric research around emerging trends.
Why You May Enjoy Working At Solaria Labs
UX Designers in Solaria Labs are responsible for the end-to-end user research, design, and testing for one or more products. As a successful candidate for the Principal Product Designer/UX Lead:
- You want to mentor and manage UX designers through their career progression but continue as a leader of a project or as a contributor, including hands-on product creation and testing.
- You want to help ensure the highest standard of UX design excellence for all efforts in the lab: defining our UX culture and processes, vetting new tools and approaches, guiding your team as they develop their products, and recruiting quality talent.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on UX designs, thrive in a test and learn environment, and have a start-up mentality.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down work as well as active participation in consumer research, ideation, and software development.
We’ve already launched a few products and one company since we started — for examples, see http://www.totalhomescore.com/, powered by developers.solarialabs.com, as well as http://www.trydwellbeing.com/ and https://www.getcertainly.com/. We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast and building a team of innovators who are entrepreneurial, passionate about technology, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies, and are excited to build new products from scratch. Check out http://www.solarialabs.com/ for more details!
About The Job
- User Experience: Leverage Agile, design-thinking, Lean UX, and industrial design methodologies to help re-imagine new human-centered user experiences, products and services through collaborative problem solving with a multidisciplinary team.
- User Research and Testing: Lead initial customer journey research and testing as needed, and/or expand upon existing insights by creating journey maps, customer personas, interaction and architecture flows, etc. Create additional user and usability testing as needed throughout product lifecycle to ensure that product design is solving problems in an enjoyable way.
- Design Thinking and Planning: Lead and facilitate design thinking workshops and act as a liaison between the business and development sides of the lab to ensure that all parties are speaking a common language to benefit the customer.
- Visual Design: Ensure that the look, feel, layout and interaction details of your products meet customer needs and deliver against business objectives. Develop and contribute to wireframes, journey maps, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Prototyping: Develop and iterate on concepts for web and mobile browser experiences in a fast-paced team environment. Rapidly refine designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies. This includes creating rough conceptual sketches to convey ideas (you know when it doesn’t have to be pixel perfect), and creating prototypes for concept testing and to validate hypotheses before solutions are built.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, as well as a minimum of 10+ years of experience in mobile-focused web and application design as evidenced by an up-to-date online portfolio.
- Expertise in methodologies including Agile, design thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as InVision, Adobe XD, or Sketch, experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to create alignment among senior management on ideas/projects/process.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate highly complex and technical content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively at all levels of the organization.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1