Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data Science. The primary location for this position is flexible – either; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; Cambridge, MA; New York City, NY; San Diego, CA; South San Francisco, CA; Beerse, Belgium; remote may also be considered with up to 10% travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Their goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. They have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit https://www.janssen.com/us/.
The R&D Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen develops innovative solutions leveraging a variety of different data sources across multiple disease areas. Successful candidate will develop cutting-edge methodologies to drive critical global development decisions and positively impact the way we conduct trials for patients. We are looking for outstanding scientists whose responsibilities include:
- Independently partner with the Janssen R&D Data Science Portfolio Management and Therapeutic Area teams to execute on the priorities, building a roadmap to deliver the projects from conceptualizing the research questions, data feasibility, study design and analysis to final presentation to senior cross-functional leaders and publication
- Will be able to advice and contribute to projects outside of his responsibilities and collaborate with research scientists in diverse projects
- Deliver scalable machine learning solutions and insights to impact functions and therapeutic areas within R&D and participate in cross-functional collaborations with internal scientific and data science teams, and external companies
- Lead and contribute to machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to accelerate and enable global development
- Lead and contribute to patient modeling and enrollment simulations to have accurate projections for completion of enrollment
- Leverage emerging scientific and technological developments to generate new research ideas, solutions and initiatives using real-world data (electronic health records, insurance claims, others)
- Provide thought leadership for developing, adapting, and delivering real-world data methodologies to identify healthcare practitioners or organizations with patients matching, diversity and inclusion requirements, and hotspots mapping
- Be a hands-on technical leader among the Data Science team, helping institute best practices while crafting a data-driven culture, developing, and mentoring more junior members of the team while advocating for skill development, working alongside a robust team of data scientists, bringing fresh perspectives and scientific rigor across Data Science projects and therapeutic areas
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies and internal scientific and data science teams
- A Ph.D. degree, or master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., artificial intelligence, computer science, statistics, biostatistics, health economics, biomedical informatics, epidemiology, applied mathematics, or similar)
- Relevant experience (4+ years for Ph.D., 6+ years for a master’s) within a start-up, technology, or healthcare industry
- Extensive experience with machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling, causal inference methods, multivariate regression and classification, and natural language processing
- Proven project leadership in complicated context, able to influence and engage the strategic and technical partners in a matrix organization
- Proven track record of consistently delivering on high impact data science projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams and managing external vendors
- Experience leading, coaching, growing and motivating data science experts in a direct-reporting or matrixed-reporting manner
- Ability to work in an agile matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Expert proficiency in Python or R, and SQL
- Hands-on technical data analysis and machine learning modeling experience (across roles)
- Experience delivering on Data Science projects using predictive technologies, forecasting, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Familiarity with drug discovery and the clinical development process and/ or expertise in one or more therapeutic areas
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following domains: real-world data (EHR, insurance claims, registry data), building patient cohorts, enrollment modeling, or clinical trial analytics
- Experience working closely with healthcare professionals
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of their employees, we are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-California-San Diego, North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1