We deliver our customers peace of mind every single day by helping them protect what they value most. Our real passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About The Job
Do you want to help drive the front edge of an IT transformation that is improving the customer experience? As a Principal Engineer you will collaborate with your product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. You will be part of a dynamic environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to lead change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are spinning up more Agile Lean Startup teams and we need full stack developers to join them.
Desired Development Skills
- Hands-on experience with React.js or Angular.js, and Java or Node.js
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement Architectures Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Demonstrates active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, etc.)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience.
We take care of our employees…
- We truly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work—and in life. That’s why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1