They’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with them. They’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where they hire and develop people who share their desire to do work they can be proud of. They value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Engineering at GoCardless
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimizing the time to render the dashboard. They’re looking for a Principal Engineer to provide technical leadership for multiple teams.
You will enjoy being a software engineer at GoCardless if:
- You’re looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community;
- You enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences;
- You want to feel proud of the work you’re doing and its impact on real customers.
Their engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences, and on their blog.
Technologies: They endeavour to build simple, reliable systems and they believe in using the best technologies for each task. They use a host of different technologies which includes (but is not limited to); Ruby on Rails, Golang, Python, React, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Storage, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Google Cloud (GCP).
You’re not expected to have expertise in all these technologies. Members of their team have picked up the tools once they’ve started working with the team. If you’re unsure, please apply.
- You will provide engineering leadership for multiple teams, and you will be a driving force behind key technology decisions that affect the entire organisation.
- You will lead the architecture, design and implementation of large and very complex systems, being hands on as required. Your designs and architectures are high quality in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- You will mentor others and help them progress from a career perspective.
- You will be frequently consulted as an expert in hard technical challenges involving architecture, scalability, system-wide performance, and engineering best practice
- You will continuously bring business context to key engineering decisions and help make the right trade-offs between the business requirements and the technical design considerations.
Who they’re looking for
- You’re passionate about technology.
- You have experience building products for the web and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
- You care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and automating responses for recurrent issues.
- You thrive in a culture of code review.
- You have experience leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
- You have played a key role in the design, implementation, and deployment of several successful enterprise-level systems.
- You have had wide technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- You have played a key role in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of other team members.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive they are, the better their work will be.
They offer a varied package of flexible working and benefits policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, to enhanced parental leave, pension packages, and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Their team comes from a variety of backgrounds and they embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. They are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions they’ve taken to support the wellbeing of their employees as they transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1