At Bose we strive to provide extraordinary sound quality for our customers. The Professional Product Division is seeking an experience Principal Software Engineer for development of software used in Commercial, Install and Portable professional audio markets. In this position you will lead and drive comprehensive system solutions and API designs. These systems solutions also may require integration of 3rd party hardware and software. Must possess strong organizational skills, development skills, and relevant educational background in software application integration and development on a variety of platforms including mobile, cloud, and desktop. This person will be responsible for development, integration, and testing of applications.
- Design new and innovative products
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Seek new and better technologies and methods to increase product performance, add features, and reduce component and production costs
- As an individual contributor, meet project objectives with innovation, creativity and good engineering practice
- Work with other engineering teams to specify and design reference designs and architect solutions
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document, and support testing of products, systems, or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently, mentor, and coach other engineers
- Coordinate and lead engineers integrating technology from other Bose engineering teams along with 3rd party technology into comprehensive system reference designs and solutions
Preferred Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of experience developing software using a variety of languages, and a love for working with hardware. In addition, candidates should have the following skills:
- Must have experience developing enterprise scale applications.
- Solid understanding and experience in software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise with common IDE’s (e.g. Sublime, VS Code, Rider, etc.) and version control systems (subversion, git)
- Strong coding skills in C, C++, C#, Java, etc. and other
- Ability to pick up and learn other coding language or development environments
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Lua, etc.
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns
Education & Work Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of work experience; or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1