At Bose we strive to “Wow” the customer, and we are driven by curiosity and perseverance. We like to concentrate on the job at hand. We value passionate, down to earth, “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details, without losing sight of the big picture. We are looking for the type of person who loves to challenge the status quo, who isn’t afraid to give honest feedback, and feels uncomfortable when a day goes by without achieving something impactful. We tend to get excited when a challenge demands a creative solution. Above all else, this role requires someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in improving the way millions of people listen to music world wide.
As a software engineer you will work with our data platform team and data science organization building the capabilities that will enable the data science, machine learning, and data analytics that will drive Bose forward. You will work with the team to design and build APIs, build features leveraging Open Source technologies and cloud capabilities, and enable the pipelines will allow our data organization to succeed. You will work with the Bose product engine to bring capabilities that will be leveraged in the Bose products and cloud experiences as part of the platform.
- Design and develop back-end microservices and REST APIs for connected devices, web applications, and mobile applications
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
- Contribute to the Open Source community
Qualifications (demonstrated Competence)
- Expert knowledge coding languages such as Python, GoLang, and Java
- Expert knowledge designing and building REST APIs
- Worked on highly scalable containerized solutions leveraging Kuberetes or similar
- Working knowledge of Relational (MySQL, Aurora), NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis), or Big Data storage solutions
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing
- Experience with Amazon web service technologies and a desire to learn more!
- Agile / Scrum methodology
8 or more years working in software development
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1