Advance your Career at Solaria Labs, a Liberty Mutual Endeavor
Principal Software Innovation Engineers – Solaria Labs
Who We Are
Solaria Labs was created by Liberty Mutual Insurance with one simple mandate: to bring disruptive innovations that make a better, safer future. We pursue this mandate by building and testing experimental new products based on customer centric research around emerging trends.
Why You May Enjoy Working At Solaria
As a Principal Engineer at Solaria Labs, you will guide agile development teams to successfully build disruptive new products and services. This technical leadership may include developing architectures, suggesting tools or frameworks, informing best practices, and mentoring junior staff through pair programming. These are highly visible roles allowing you to share your knowledge and skills with developers, product owners, and stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab exploring emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding and computer vision, and emerging trends like insuretech/fintech and the sharing economy.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in an R&D environment, and have a startup mentality.
- You may also enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
We’ve already launched a few products and one company since we started — for examples, see http://www.totalhomescore.com/, powered by developers.solarialabs.com, and http://www.trydwellbeing.com/ and https://www.getcertainly.com/. We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast, building a team of innovators who are passionate about technology, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies, and excited about building new products from scratch. Check out http://www.solarialabs.com/ for more details!!
You’re Good At And Offer
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages to solve a variety of problems from web applications to low-level algorithm development. Specific skills needed depends on role, but we use the MERN stack for some products and various Python frameworks for others.
- Mentoring and guiding other developers and staff while working to design and implement software solutions to solve highly complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 8+ years of experience in building and iterating on software prototypes under tight deadlines
- Experience with data science technologies and/or experience coordinating with data science teams.
- Experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in product design and demonstration Our engineers are involved in product development from concept to launch.
Other Great Things To Know About Solaria Labs
We’ve already launched a few products and one company since we started — for examples, see www.totalhomescore.com, powered by developers.solarialabs.com, and www.trydwellbeing.com . We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast, building a team of innovators who are passionate about technology, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1