Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
The Research and Modeling team within Talent Analytics explores new methodologies and research to drive better people practices and decisions. Our team is made up of experts from a diverse set of backgrounds to tackle new problems and to generate novel approaches.
The Principal Data Engineer in this team will play a critical role by helping us build and manage a sustainable modeling infrastructure that will be used by our data scientists, as well as, analysts throughout Talent Analytics. You will also participate in a variety of analytics and modeling projects allowing you to grow your knowledge and skills in those areas.
This role could be an outstanding fit for you if you are an accomplished engineer looking for an opportunity to explore the world of data science and build new skills in that area.
When You Join The Team, You Will
- Build and maintain data science infrastructure. This involves leveraging in-house databases, version control platform, and cloud infrastructure to create a development pipeline for the Modeling team.
- Collaborate with data scientists in the research and development of advanced models.
- Work closely with business stakeholders in rapid prototyping of new product ideas.
- Partner with broader IT teams in productionizing model prototypes.
The variety of work will allow you to utilize your engineering expertise while learning and growing data science skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant quantitative degree plus a minimum 4 years of experience (Advanced education may be substituted for years of experience)
- Deep programming experience preferably with Python coding; knowledge of Python data science and machine learning libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow and Keras is a plus
- Comfortable with software development practices: continuous development pipelines, version control and agile development
- Experience implementing scalable and reproducible data pipelines and testing frameworks for production use
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and SQL like databases (e.g. Hive). Ability to optimize query performance and work with large datasets
- Understanding of Dockers and Containers ecosystem
- Experience working in cloud computing environment
- Passionate about working and collaborating in a cross functional team of software developers and data scientists
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- General Business
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1