Principle Software Engineer (Big Data/Cloud) – 37306
Technology and Engineering – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Principal Software Engineer (Big data)
Want to join a team where your talent, ideas and creativity matter? Want to work in highly visible big data
processing systems (10B data points/day) in digital measurement? Do you value autonomy, crave new
knowledge, and appreciate working on impactful solutions? Then this position may be for you!
The Harmonization group within Nielsen’s Digital Engineering group is seek passionate, creative and innovative developers to join our team and help build leading edge technologies. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, daily routine will never get boring!
Job Responsibilities Include
- Develops the next generation of back-end service and processing engines.
- Assists in the planning and specification authoring for feature development.
- Provides technical guidance to the team and coordinate technical activities.
- Develops software precisely meeting specifications.
- Monitors performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Engineers software solutions in Hadoop and AWS.
- Builds scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering background.
- Many years of experience in software development with Java, Hadoop, AWS.
- Java advanced experience is a must.
- Experience in Digital Measurement is a plus.
- Experience in Scala, python, perl, sql, shell, unix environment
- Experience in Hadoop M/R framework, developing M/R application in java is a must.
- Experience in Hive, Oozie.
- Experience in handling Bigdata (Billions of data points per day).
- Experience with Networking and IO, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- Experience with web interfaces and basic networking standards and practices of data traffic and
communications such as HTML (HTML 5 preferred), XML, IP, HTTP(S), and proxy systems.
- Experience in Cloud, preferably AWS, EMR, Server less architecture.
- Experience in Source control, Git, BitBucket.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Solid knowledge in advanced OO principles, data structures, fundamental algorithms (sort, select,
- Knowledge of Nosql: Hbase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis
- Advanced knowledge Spark, SparSQL, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis
- Proven ability to mentor and provide technical leadership to developers, and able to make
independent, sound decisions
- Possess a high degree of initiative.
- Self learner and have the ability for R&D.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1