PatSnap is a global, hyper-growth, venture-backed start-up with offices in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Singapore, Toronto and LA. Our cloud-based software enables innovators to be more effective in their research and investment decisions and bring new inventions to market faster.
Our hyper-growth trajectory is powered by our people, and we are extremely proud of our company-wide vision, work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ideas are always welcome, regardless of seniority, because we believe that open innovation amplifies success throughout every department: product development, marketing, sales or operations.
PatSnappers like to learn, grow and make a difference. Join us and be part of our story.
Patsnap’s product approach
- Data Informed – Always measure customer behaviour and impact.
- The Double Diamond — Problem before solution. Start with user research.
- Lean Product Development – Experiment to learn about ideas quickly.
What can I expect to do?
- You’ll be responsible for building a deep understanding of how people use our products and generate actionable insights to help us build a product that is solving problems for our users
- You’ll bridge the gap between business, product, UX and development teams and help them make decisions based on user insights
- Contribute to building a solid user tracking strategy and ensure that all products have user interaction tracking in place
- You’ll be an expert on and contribute to our product analytics toolset, on which you will organise and design user behaviour data collection flows diagrams and their funnels
- You’ll determine key measurement metrics for new functionality and define tracking strategy
- You’ll devise A/B tests to validate hypothesis and analyse experiment results to understand the impact of product changes on our users
- You will consult on data quality and availability of data with technical teams
- You’ll support qualitative user research and conduct surveys and user interviews to supplement quantitative insights when needed
What would make me successful in this role?
- If you have a few years experience in analysis roles, ideally supporting product team
- You are proficient in SQL and the ability to generate insights from large datasets with little engineering support
- You have a familiarity with tools like Amplitude & Google Analytics
- You have experience in designing and evaluating product experiments and metrics
- You are able to effectively visualize data and insights and present it in the most digestible manner.
- Experience supporting product teams is desirable
- Some experience with B2B, enterprise or SaaS products would be advantageous
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical and egos don’t fly here so no job is too big or too small, we all get stuck in to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities which we’ve not encountered previously. There isn’t always someone’s footsteps to follow so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
What’s in it for me?
- Opportunity for impact – We’re providing the opportunity and autonomy to reinvent, and change the course of a successful, matured product. To shape PatSnap’s future, and the future of how R&D is done.
- We’re about diversity – Besides being one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies (backed by Sequoia, Summit Partners, and Xiaomi’s founder), we’re particularly proud of our multi-cultural East-meets-West DNA and our strong gender ratio.
- Opportunity to develop – We’re about providing opportunities for do-ers and learners. We’ve hired many seasoned managers and executives to provide guidance. We’ve also grown a lot of our leaders from within.
- We hold our values strongly:-
- Integrity without compromise
- Self-learning & practitioner mindset
- Dare to dream big and make mistakes
- Teamwork and sharing
- Radical candor with courage
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Product Management
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1