Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong health care decisions. They are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone. Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy. They focus intently on their ability to deliver reliable solutions that contribute to improving people’s lives. They have excellent benefits.
The experience team works cross-functionally to help achieve Invitae’s mission. They are responsible for the full product cycle from strategy to execution, and iteration to experimentation. They are highly cross-functional, working closely with their designers, engineers, data scientists, founders, operations and genetic counselors.
As a Data Scientist (Experience) at Invitae, you’ll turn data into insights and get a deep understanding of customers and patients to impact their strategy and direction. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will directly impact the lives of patients around the world.
#1 — You will change patient’s lives on a daily basis.
#2 — You will have the scale to impact millions.
#3 — We are on the cutting edge of medicine.
What You Will Do
- Apply data & analytical skills to help understand how their customers use their products.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Communicate those data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Aid in market analysis and create models for key business metrics
- Design customer-facing experiments (A/B tests) and turn the results into actionable outcomes
- Collaborate with the product leads to develop reports and visualization dashboards
What You Bring
- You have at least 4+years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics
- Coding skills (Python or similar)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Experience working in healthcare.
- Domain knowledge in clinical genetics.
They’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match their requirements perfectly – if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.
At Invitae, they value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1