Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. At JJSV, we embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees (including contractors, temp workers and interns) of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in healthcare and other leading areas to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting current college students at various levels for internship in Silicon Valley Research & Development (R&D) facilities located in Milpitas, CA. The project is a state-of-the-art research program in big data and deep learning for cataract surgery, partnered with Google and leading healthcare providers, with the development of a product prototype as a goal. A successful candidate should demonstrate strong theoretical understanding of the working principles of convolutional neural networks and practical skill sets in programming, especially in Python. He or she must also show an enthusiasm in application of the academic work to real-world products in a healthcare industry. Must be able to conduct research and programming tasks independently and embrace a team working environment.
Academic major for Internship opportunities in R&D is Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- R&D Software Engineering – Opportunity to work on a specific set of engineering assignments utilizing a wide-range of computer science and engineering principles. Assist in developing image processing and pattern recognition/registration software for clinical data analysis and surgical equipment algorithms. Develop software tools and conduct statistical analysis of preoperative and postoperative clinical data to learn correlation trends. Conduct original and collaborative research for potential publications in peer-reviewed journals. Partner with teams of engineers and scientists as necessary to achieve project completion. Assist with facilitating and conducting engineering assignments. Advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
A successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location and to/from work every day.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethics within the team.
- Adheres to safety environmental policies and procedures and supports department objectives.
- Develops and maintains Behavioral Standards in line with company standards and policy.
- Enrollment (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the Internship is required.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering major is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Internship is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1