As Reference Data Analyst you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a close and positive working relationship with publishers, distributors, and other data providers, through appropriate liaison at all levels, to ensure Nielsen BookData receives timely information and meets all appropriate service level requirements. The Reference Data team is responsible for the accuracy, and providing up to date information, in the following data areas: Titles, contributors, price and availability of titles, distribution information, updating organization information, images, and ensuring publisher queries are handled in a timely manner. The work is usually handled via email or telephone calls. The team supports both Onshore and Offshore teams, as well as external customers.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Reference Data, you will be part of the dedicated Book Operations team based in Stevenage and will work closely with the Testing and Integration team. This role does not have any direct reports.
This role requires the successful individual to show competence across a range of skills.
- To take responsibility for developing and maintaining a close and positive working relationship with publishers, distributors, and other data providers, through appropriate liaison at all levels, to ensure Nielsen BookData receives timely information and meets all appropriate service level requirements
- To deal with or reassign appropriately, queries from customers in a timely and efficient manner
- To liaise with and answer queries from publishers, other data suppliers, and teams/colleagues within other areas of the business (e.g. Nielsen Book Research) promptly and professionally at all times.
- To add new bibliographic records to the database accurately and in a timely manner, meeting all departmental standards as appropriate, and deal with any issues arising from the data capture
- To maintain, upgrade and improve existing bibliographic records, to enrich the quality of our data, on the database accurately and in a timely manner, meeting all departmental standards as appropriate
- To test new electronic feeds from data suppliers to the appropriate level and within the appropriate timescales
- To provide cover and support for other roles within the Reference Data Team
- To prioritize work to ensure all service level agreements are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Assist in any appropriate bibliographic projects required by a publisher and/or the Reference Data Team Leader
- To attend and contribute to regular team meetings
- To occasionally attend publisher meetings, open days, book fairs where appropriate, to support other areas of the business
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by the Reference Data Team Leader
- Highly proficient general PC skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail required and a good understanding of Excel/Google Sheets is essential.
- Experience using COGNOS would also be beneficial, but not essential
- In-depth understanding of the publishing industry and book trade is desirable
- Solid proficiency in data analysis and testing
- Solid product knowledge
They’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, they’re measuring it. They sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for their clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
They like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find them at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, they work with them all. They’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with them at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1