The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for a Research Analyst to support operational test assessments of the effectiveness, suitability, and security of Major Satellite Communication Programs in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military Department of Defense regarding operational test and evaluation of Major Acquisition Programs. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test, and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of such assessments and operational tests is required. Travel is required.
- Candidate must meet one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A minimum of a Doctoral Degree in Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Bioengineering, Engineering (Computer, Chemical, Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical, or Aerospace), Physics, or Applied Mathematics coupled with relevant work experience (via industry, research fellowships, or internships); OR
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Physical, Theoretical, Nuclear), Computer Science, Information Technology, Bioengineering, Engineering (Computer, Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical, or Aerospace), Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Operations Research coupled with 10+ years’ experience working with satellite systems in a commercial environment or military operational experience
- Experience with statistical software or programming languages used in research (e.g. Python, R, Stata, Mathematica, MATLAB, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to identify sources, assemble, and organize data sets for which subsequent quantitative and qualitative analyses are desired.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1