GKN’s Global Technology Centre (GTC) in Filton, Bristol is a £32m state of the art technology research and manufacturing process development facility which is a hub for world-class innovative technology for the next generation of fuel-efficient aircraft. It includes a collaborative space for research and development with universities, the UK’s CATAPULT network and GKN Aerospace’s UK supply chain, to help strengthen aerospace technology and support the UK’s Industrial strategy. We are seeking to recruit a Research Engineer within our Test function, working within a small team testing a development electric drive for future aircraft applications, as well as a larger product engineering team.
Individual system tests will be performed with hydrogen fuel cells, electrical power networks and the inverter/motor drive before testing the entire drive system with a later transition to a liquid hydrogen fuel system. You will also support the work of the business to establish safe working practices and necessary level of documentation, competence training will be provided when working in regulated environments. You will be involved with projects from the planning / assembly / instrumentation / commissioning phase though to successfully performing and reporting the test.
- Develop control & instrumentation plans, including selection of hardware
- Support the integration of systems, controls and acquisition into the test facility
- Configure instrumentation in LabVIEW on CompactRIO hardware
- Selection and installation of instrumentation
- Support the establishment of safe working practices and necessary level of documentation
- Consider the Health & Safety of themselves and others whilst compliing with company Health & Safety requirements
- Build Internal & external technical relationships with Customers and suppliers
How You’ll Contribute
To help us make a difference, you’ll bring your passion and talent for what you do along with the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Min HND Engineering/Software Engineering
- Experience setting up and testing complex electrical / electronic systems with CompactRIO
- Experience in configuration of instrumentation for data acquisition systems
- Minimum level 2 LabVIEW certification or QBE
- Experience of working in a Test environment
- Good experience in general mechanical & electrical engineering
- Previous experience of testing fuel cells and / or electric drives
- Experience testing & control of electric Power Systems
- Experience of working with in a regulated Quality Management System
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do. To be successful in this role you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to a variety of audiences and write clear and concise reports. You will be energetic and thrive within a team environment whilst being able to demonstrate your own initiative and innovation.
What We’ll Offer
Once you’re on board you’ll get the following perks and benefits:
- Flexible salary dependant on experience
- Hybrid working – giving you the opportunity to balance home and office working
- Industry Leading Pension Scheme = we’ll match your contributions up to 8% on a 1 : 1.5 basis
- Life Assurance 8 x salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Income protection
- Shopping discounts
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A collaborative, dynamic working environment
As well as a competitive package we’ll offer you a world of opportunity. We want to see your career fly! We’ll support your career progression by providing you with learning and development opportunities. That’s the beauty of being part of a global business, once you’re on board you never know where you career journey may take you!
Why Join Us
A Great Place to work needs a Great Way of Working
Everyone is welcome to apply to GKN. Through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and by living our five powerful principles we’ve created a culture where everyone feels welcome to contribute. It’s a culture that won us ‘The Best Workplace Culture Award’ last year. By embracing and celebrating what makes us unique we encourage everyone to bring their full self to work. We’re also committed to providing an accessible recruitment process, so if you require reasonable adjustments at any stage during our recruitment process please get in touch and let us know.
Hybrid Work Approach
We understand our employees thrive by working differently, what works for one may not work for another, offering different ways of working is core to us creating a great employee experience. We’re pleased to provide a hybrid working approach enabling you to balance your time between working remotely and working in our offices. We’re also keen for our employees to achieve a work life balance so we’re happy to discuss flexible working options with you should the role be able to accommodate it.
Join us and keep the world moving … click on the link below to apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1