This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
Apply with Job ID # 100039
They are looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity to deeply understand user experiences and content consumption, and a passion to build a world-class, data-driven product. As a Research Scientist, you will be the key person to solve the most challenging problem together with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists. The company is looking for someone who is passionate about providing and discovering the highest quality news and delivering to their users. You will formulate the problems into various research questions, and perform independent research to find the best solution. You will also propose hypotheses, perform testings or simulations, to validate. You will also work together with Engineers to deploy your research solution into production to serve millions of SmartNews users.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists to frame the appropriate research questions, and independently execute research to solve some of the challenging and novel problems at SmartNews
- Independently dive into SmartNews’ data, and execute on appropriate projects that leverage mathematical, statistical, and machine learning methods
- Independently design and execute simulations or various live testings to collect data and prove research project concept
- Be able to communicate solutions with Product Managers on realization, and transfer the solutions to production together with engineers
- Be able to communicate ideas, methods, opportunities, and results well to all cross-functional partners and all levels of management
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years of professional experience
- End-to-end experience in research projects, including study design, simulation/testing, data cleaning and wrangling, data analysis, and reporting
- Broad experience and deep knowledge with various modern technologies, including at least 2 areas of the followings, experimental design, causal inference, Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, etc
- Proficient with Python or R
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communications
- Equity included
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (60% coverage for dependents)
- Monthly housing, commute, mobile phone, and gym allowances
- 401k matching program
- Free lunch, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Pet-friendly office
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1