From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make their streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why they started Level 5, our self-driving division, where they’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join them in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Their team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of their technology. Their world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England, and Munich, Germany. And they’re moving at an incredible pace: they’re currently servicing employee rides in their test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
This newly formed team will develop new experimental solutions that combine the latest findings in cutting-edge computer vision, machine learning, and large-scale data processing to advance the capabilities of their existing systems and to advance the state-of-the-art of the field.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers and researchers
- Design and prototype new computer vision and machine learning solutions
- Identify bottlenecks in existing algorithms and systems
- Develop case studies and experimentally validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with AV engineering teams in productionizing systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art, publish and represent Level 5 at top-tier conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotics
- Experience publishing at state-of-the-art conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Programming experience in implementing prototypes of new cutting-edge solutions using Python, C++ or Matlab
- Expert knowledge of deep learning
- Nice to have: Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localisation, Planning, Simulation)
- Private health insurance, income protection, and life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike and accessories tax-free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1