As a Risk Data Analyst, you will have a direct impact on GoCardless’ bottom line and growth capabilities by managing risks across their portfolio. Partnering with stakeholders throughout the business, you will develop data-driven, scalable processes, and procedures that combine strong risk management fundamentals with seamless user experiences.
- Develop scalable methods to identify, measure, and control end-to-end risks across the user lifecycle: this will involve identifying and helping build crucial risk management systems including in-product and back-end controls, use of third-party risk assessment tools, and implementation of rule-based and model-based detection systems
- Identify, define, and build key metrics used to observe the health of GoCardless’ risks.
- Conduct root-cause analyses on out-of-pattern portfolio trends.
- Develop and effectively maintain dashboards and reporting to support the team and senior stakeholders.
- Become an expert on the global ecosystem of GoCardless’ products & tools, and how those elements interact with payment risks.
- Develop strong internal relationships across the Risk Organisation teams (Financial Crime, Fraud, Credit) and across the business (Product Development, Data, Sales, etc.).
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
Their ideal candidate excels in many of the following areas:
- An excellent problem-solver with strong analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis with the ability to extract insights from large and unrelated pieces of data.
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- A tremendous sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field
- Strong SQL skills, experience with Python, or any other programming language is desirable but not a must.
- Bonus: expertise working with Looker and/or Google BigQuery
- Business background – has worked outside of risk and can bring a more business view into risk
Their team comes from a variety of backgrounds and they welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.