Risk Decision Scientists work closely with one another, with Venmo Risk Operations and with Venmo’s Customer Support, in order to keep learning about current fraud. They also partner closely with the Venmo Product teams to define features and integrate risk prevention tools to support business goals. As Venmo is a subsidiary of PayPal, this role also involves working closely with PayPal Risk teams to align on fraud-prevention methodologies and tools.
Their team members are excited about solving analytical problems. They are bright, they are responsible, and they know how to follow through. If you’re also like that, they’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Developing expertise in specific areas by leading analytical projects independently, while setting goals, providing benefit estimations, defining workflows and coordinating timelines in advance.
- Fight fraudulent activity in one’s domain of ownership by analyzing existing loss trends thorough review of specific cases, research on the database and incorporation of our payment of feedback from operations teams.
- Produce accurate, automated risk solutions and manual handling policies to block fraudulent activities by declining payments, adding accounts to the fraud review queue or restricting suspicious users.
- Work closely with product teams on the development of new products to identify potential gaps that might create a loss, and define requirements to mitigate those risks.
- Have a good understanding of general business trends and directions to be able to put your own work in the broad business context.
- Work with various partners within Venmo and PayPal to coordinate the execution of fraud mitigation solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility that is needed to succeed within a matrix organization while being proactive and comfortable with working alongside stakeholders from different domains.
- Develop controls and monitoring dashboards to ensure performance against the business goals, regulatory requirements, and business priorities.
- Remain up-to-date on industry information, federal regulations and new products, while continuously learning from peers across the organization about fraud and fraud-prevention tools.
- Be data-driven and outcome-focused
What They’re Looking For
- BS/BA or MA degree in a related field required
- 2 years of professional experience in solving problems using a data-driven approach
- High proficiency in fundamental SQL. Other technical skills are a plus (Java/C/C++; Perl/Python; strong UNIX background; Hadoop; R )
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience with working in a technology environment
- Experience with program management and process mapping is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to a week every 3 months
They know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1