GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led, global healthcare company, employing over 100,000 people in more than 115 countries. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
Data, Methods, & Analytics
GSK’s Data, Methods, and Analytics team (DMA) partners closely with both the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Real-World Evidence (RWE), and Epidemiology teams to support drug development and patient access. They are an in-house data and analytics team set up to provide insight into the patterns, burden, and occurrence of disease, cost, and healthcare utilization, and the safety and effectiveness and other outcomes of treatment. Their goal is to provide objective evidence of the value of their medicines through the analysis of electronic health records, administrative claims, patient registries, and other observational health data sources, as well as posthoc analysis of randomized clinical trial (RCT) data.
Within This Role, You Could
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transform real-world data (RWD) into actionable insights in Epidemiology and Health Outcomes research through study design and hands-on manipulation and statistical analysis of complex health datasets.
- Consult and collaborate with research partners to inform, conduct, analyze, interpret, and report studies using real-world healthcare data.
- Perform analyses of RCT data to support economic dossiers and market access (i.e., Indirect treatment comparisons, meta-analysis, network meta-analyses, post hoc analysis of RCT data, etc.)
- Represent DMA as a subject matter expert on real-world data, its use incl. study methodologies and capabilities.
- Investigate, critically appraise, and apply innovative methods, technologies, and tools to better leverage real-world data.
- Explore novel ways to refine and streamline routine analytics through the development and application of robust approaches.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Hold a Master’s degree or Ph.D., or have equivalent experience, in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, epidemiology, health economics, health services research, or biostatistics
- Be passionate about working hands-on with data, and proficient in manipulating large, complex datasets in a statistical programming language such as SAS, R or Stata
- Have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and enjoy finding efficient and innovative solutions to a challenging problem
- Be self-reliant with the ability to deliver robust, timely, high-quality analytics
- Be an enthusiastic collaborator and enjoy working on a wide range of projects and requests across multiple therapy areas
- Be an effective communicator and able to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience working with population-based health outcomes data
Their values and expectations are at the heart of everything they do and form an important part of their culture.
As GSK Focuses On Their Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor, and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills, and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives, and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial, and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll-Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside the US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1