Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. SBD believes that advanced analytics using massive data, while already important to our business, will increasingly become fundamental – even transformational – to the value we deliver to our customers and shareholders.
SBD is seeking a Scrum master / Project Manager who will be responsible for managing different internal and external projects within the SBD Data & Analytics Organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Work as Scrum master, project manager and BI expert for multiple projects
- Responsible for running sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint review/ retrospective, daily standups, and release planning meetings.
- Emphasis is on end-to-end delivery of analysis and guiding junior staff
- Contribute to how analytical approach is structured for specification of analysis
- Contribute insights from conclusions of analysis that integrate with initial hypothesis and business objective. Independently address complex problems
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolutions among stakeholders and team members.
- Quickly remove obstacles or escalate appropriately to leadership to ensure on track delivery of projects.
- Guide and coach the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Communicate with team members, stakeholders and management on project updates and roadmaps.
- Prepare and present project updates to customers, ensuring close communication
- Participate in design of analysis and modelling approach with managers and data scientists
- Work with and support other team members, management, and partners
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ years business experience as a Scrum Master for a software development or data analytics team.
- Experience as a project manager for a software development or data analytics team.
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodology and tools (e.g., JIRA, Kanban boards, etc.)
- Ability to drive effective teamwork with internal and external teams to maintain and improve velocity.
- Ability to manage large team of 8-10 members in agile based project execution
- Experience on teams working with Big Data, Cloud computing and open source tools (Hadoop, AWS) highly preferred.
- Experience on teams with a BI / Reporting functionality
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research, deep interest in complex problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, operations research or related areas is preferred; candidates with BA/BS degrees from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
US – Corporate
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1